Our commitments include:
- Emissions and offsetting – the target of becoming a net-zero carbon organisation by 2030.
- People and policy – reducing travel as much as possible; reducing paper wastage by 95% year on year; all employees to complete albert carbon literacy training
- Our suppliers – the majority of new productions in 2021 to achieve albert certification
- Revenues - encourage positive action and innovation with advertisers and sponsors
- Resource, teams and individuals – every team to make positive contribution to sustainability ambition
These actions will help us reduce carbon emissions in our productions, operations and behaviours. We want to do this in a way which is consistent with our values and with our remit to inspire change in people’s lives, therefore we will measure our progress, hold ourselves accountable against our targets, and we will offset the emissions we cannot eliminate.
We are looking at all aspects of our operations and behaviours to reduce our carbon emissions as far as we can. And we will use our power and influence with suppliers to get them working in a more sustainable way. This means everything from the energy supply we use to heat our buildings, to the programmes we commission: we aim to embed sustainability in the heart of our content and in its creation.