The colour contrast of text conforms to at least WCAG AA standard.
There are text alternatives for all non-text content - except for video content, and third party content – see limitations below.
Keyboard navigation has been carefully considered and tested - see keyboard controls.
Section headings are used to organise the content.
We have avoided moving / autoplaying content.
To help you enjoy this content in a variety of platforms it has been designed to be mobile friendly, and resize for a variety of screen sizes
The application has been designed to be easily navigated using with a keyboard using the standard keys for your browser. For most browsers the following keys work:
- 'Tab' key to focus on the next link
- 'Shift' + 'Tab' to focus on the previous link
- 'Enter' to activate the currently selected link
Screen Reader Navigation
There are links on the page which are not descriptive out of context, such as ‘read more’. However these links do make sense when read in context.
- 'H' to cycle forwards through the headings
- 'Shift' + 'H' to cycle backwards through the headings
- '1' to navigate to the next level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the next heading on this level)
- 'Shift' + '1' to navigate to the previous level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the previous heading on this level)
- 'Insert' + 'F6' in JAWS or NVDA + 'F7' in NVDA to provide a list of all headings
- Press the 'Tab' key to proceed through the links or 'Shift' + 'Tab' to cycle backwards through the links.
- 'Insert' + 'F7' to provide a list of all links
The site is designed to work seamlessly across screen sizes. This makes it possible to use your browser's "zoom" feature to make content larger and easier to read without causing a horizontal scroll bar to appear.
Changing the colour and font of the display
This site does not currently offer alternate colour schemes, however, you can use the controls in your browser to change the size of the text or the colour of the display.
For example, to override website font and colour settings in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, and then click Accessibility.
Select the Ignore colours specified on web pages, Ignore font styles specified on web pages, and Ignore font sizes specified on web pages check boxes, and then click OK twice.
Due to certain constraints, we have had to include technologies and features that can cause accessibility issues for some users.
- Headings Structure – Some pages have an illogical heading structure, Channel 4 are aware of this and are working to resolve this issue.
- Navigation – There is no search or sitemap facility present on the site, navigation is via a list of links present on the home page.
- Channel 4 does not assume responsibility for third party applications.
www.channel4.com/corporate does not assume responsibility for third party applications. Let us know if you have difficulties using this site. If you find anything on the site difficult to use please let us know. Full details on contacting us can be found at 4Viewers. Please don't forget to mention that you are contacting 4Viewers regarding the channel4.com/corporate website.