• Jade Jones wins gold in taekwondo final
• Nicola Adams wins the first ever women’s Olympic boxing final
• The Republic of Ireland’s Katie Taylor wins boxing lightweight gold
• Keri-Anne Payne misses out on medal in 10k swim
• Team GB reaches 4x400m relay final
• Jade Jones and Martin Stamper through to taekwondo semi-finals
• Rachel Cawthorn finishes sixth in the kayak 500m sprint
JADE JONES WINS TAEKWONDO GOLD
Jade Jones from north Wales takes Team GB’s golden tally to 25 with victory in the taekwondo final.
JADE JONES REACHES TAEKWONDO FINAL
Jade Jones beats South Korea’s Li-Cheng Tseng to make it to the taekwondo Olympic final in the -57kg weight class. Jones is now guaranteed a silver or a gold after winning the semi-final by ten points to six. Martin Stamper, who was also competing in a taekwondo semi-final, lost his match.
16:43 ADAMS PUNCHES HER WAY INTO HISTORY
Nicola Adams dominates her arch-rival Ren Cancan of China in the first ever women’s boxing Olympic final – beating her opponent by 16 points to seven. Adams, who has lost at two world championships to Cancan, came back from a potentially career threatening injury three years ago to claim gold today.
16:03 DUJARDIN SNATCHES DRESSAGE GOLD
Charlotte Dujardin scores a massive 90 per cent in the individual dressage to take gold. Laura Bechtolsheimer won the bronze. The shock win ends an uninterrupted domination of the sport over the past 20 years by Germany and the Netherlands.
PAYNE MISSES OUT ON 10K SWIMMING MEDAL
Keri-Anne Payne, the favourite in the 10k swim, fails to win a medal in the Serpentine marathon swim. Payne finished in fourth place behind Hungary’s Eva Ristov, who took gold, Italy’s silver-medallist Martina Grimaldi and bronze-winner USA’s Hayley Anderson.