Published on 1 Apr 2013

No fairytale ending for Osborne’s welfare reforms

April’s a ‘big month for benefits’, said the DWP tweet. It almost made it sound like rollover week on the National Lottery.

But there’ll be no big, bumper bonanza for people on benefits.  This is when the much talked about government reforms of the welfare state really start to kick in.

Today sees the under occupancy charge come into play – or what’s become known as, much to the distaste of the government – the ‘bedroom tax’.

The new council tax support system also becomes official and will see many hundreds of thousands of tenants, who were considered too poor to pay council tax, facing a bill for the first time.

There’s a raft of others measures on their way this month too: changes to Disability Living Allowance, the benefit rise cap and an end to the old crisis loans.

It is about cutting the welfare bill – or at least stopping it from rising so steeply – but it is also, critically, the big push in the government’s battle against the scourge of worklessness  and benefit dependency they believe is blighting Britain.

This is the moment when they may finally get George Osborne’s famed ‘scrounger’,  idling in bed with the curtains drawn all day, up and off his backside and into work.

It’s not a sophisticated plan – make benefits harder to get, and less generous once you get them, and people will see that work is the way forward.

But the millions who will begin to pay more, or get less, this month don’t all fit the carefully, drawn idler of Mr Osborne’s imagination.

How will the reforms go down with the seven million people in work, whose tax credits won’t rise in line with inflation?

Or the two million households – some of the poorest in Britain –  who’ll face a bill for council tax for the first time – people  who simply can’t get work or can’t get work which pays enough.

Or those working couples who may be forced to move out of expensive parts of the country – leaving their work and their children’s schools behind them – because housing benefit now won’t cover their rent?

No one minds the idea of ‘feckless, idlers’ being forced to turn off day time telly and look for work – you only need to look at the polls to know that – but when it’s  ‘hard-working families’ (the other main characters in Mr Osborne’s modern fairytale) that is, if you’ll pardon the pun, a different story.

Follow @JackieLongC4 on Twitter

Tweets by @jackielongc4

1. Rich Hammond says:

This is taken from a Guardian comments page:

” How to wage a war upon the poor.
    Probably the most disgusting thing about this coalition has been their propaganda war against the most disadvantaged people in society. By the deliberate spreading of lies, they have facilitated a systematic assault upon the poor, the sick and the disabled. And they have knowingly misled the public for one simple reason, to enable them to totally dismantle the welfare state.
    There are lies, damned lies, and then there are lying Tory bastards.
    The welfare state has led to a ‘something for nothing’ culture?
    It may be utterly repugnant to hear millionaire politicians who have never worked a day in their life telling us that they are ending the ‘something for nothing culture’, but it’s also utter bollocks. Only 2.5% of the total welfare budget of £200 billion actually goes on unemployment, whilst the vast majority of unemployed claimants have worked, and paid taxes, for years and are now on benefits due to redundancy, sickness, disability or having to care for someone. Millions more are receiving benefits due to poverty wages. The Welfare state is actually a massive state subsidy to business which enables it to pay poverty wages and charge exorbitant rents.
    Living on benefits is a lifestyle choice?
    Only 0.1% of benefit claimants who have claimed for 10 years or more are actually unemployed. Less than 5,000 people, out of over 9 million 16-64 year olds who don’t work, have been on Job Seekers Allowance for more than 5 years. Less than 0.1% of the 20 million working age households have 2 generations that have never had a permanent job. Despite strenuous efforts, researchers have been unable to find any families where three generations have never worked.
    People won’t work because benefits are too high?
    In 1971, JSA equalled 20.9% of the average wage. Today, it is worth 10.9%. These people are living in poverty. There are 8.5 million people receiving benefits in this country. There are more people IN WORK who get benefits than not working. The majority of all housing benefit claimants are IN WORK. 6.1 million people classed as living in poverty are from households IN WORK.
    People on housing benefit live in mansions?
    Our newspapers continuously bombard us with these stories. There are around five million claimants of Housing Benefit; of which there were five families who received over £100,000 per year, all living in central London. The average award of Housing Benefit is approximately £85 a week. Only 3% of families received more than £10,000 a year support, and 0.04% received more than £30,000 a year. And no-one ever mentions that housing benefit goes straight to the Landlord and not the claimant.
    And those large families screwing the taxpayer? There are around 130 families with 10 children and only 10 families with 12 children IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY who are on benefits.
    Benefit cheats are bankrupting the country?
    Benefit fraud amounts to about £1.5 billion a year, less than 1% of the entire budget. To put this in perspective, the bank bailout equalled 1,000 years of benefit fraud. Meanwhile, £1.3 billion gets underpaid each year and a further £16 billion goes UNCLAIMED every year.
    We can no longer afford the welfare state?
    So who is really bankrupting the country? Well, the richest 1,000 people now possess £414 billion between them, a sum more than three times the size of the entire UK budget deficit. The richest 1% of the population are estimated to possess wealth of about £1 trillion. The richest 10% control wealth of about £4 trillion. The Quantitative Easing programme has increased the personal wealth of the UK’s richest 20% by enough to pay for Job Seeker’s Allowance for the next 100 years.
    The people of this country are being shafted, but instead of the blame being directed at the real culprits, the rich, it is being aimed at the most vulnerable, the poor, with our own Government shamelessly leading the way.
    And every one who believes their bullshit should hang their heads in shame.”

There’s a storm coming…

1. Philip says:

This is brilliant stuff. It’s a pity that Milliband, etc are too spineless to be ramming these facts down the throats of the media & anyone who’ll listen..

1. Bog Creature says:

If you watch BBC parliament the Labour party raise issue practically ever day, but, ever bill against the public interest is binned in the voting democracy, in which the Con airs and their play thing vote against the justifiable in favor of greed monopoly rights of the few.

2. Allison says:

This comment wasn’t your own, I get that. I also understand how the benefits system is screwed up. It will basically harm lower to middle class families like my own. I admit, I didn’t deserve to get benefits. My husband makes a good wage and I was as well. Till I was made redundant and unemployed for four months. We were lucky we had thousands saved for our deposit for a house. We had to use £4,000 of that just to cover our bills. That included the time I took temp work. I never wanted to be on benefits. I just didn’t want to have to move. People like us live paycheck to paycheck, even with two professional jobs. I am not moaning and saying that were broke.

There are so many people less fortunate than us. No matter your education, family or experience; you may be in our position someday. Most people are just existing on their salaries. I’m not going to argue who had it harder, those on benefits or those in work.

All I know is that the jobs they try to offer you while you’re on benefits wouldn’t pay enough to live on your own.If they actually offered jobs that made more money that would be great. People who work hard should be rewarded, but it’s difficult to get that work in the first place.

3. denise clendinning says:

i have just read a post that said the government are dismantling the welfare state. this is the way i see it . My husband worked for 42 years got to sixty was made redundant .Now george osborne says work pays my husband worked as a manager for the RDA a governrment job set up by the tories in the late 80s and he did that job for 23 years . now i have read that they made a mistake getting rid of all those jobs it,s too late for my husband who,s going to employ him now .He tried for jobs and as you can amagine the employer,s thought him to old. hence on benifit,s until he retires. so a message for georgy boy . get your facts right . YOU HAVE DEMOROLISED PEOPLE and ruined their lives and self esteem. by the lies you have told to the nation and my husband is not a scounger he has paid his dues . i must admit they have played a good game with all the propaganda dividing the shirker,s and the worker,s i hope his world come,s crashing down when our,s did when my husband lost his job for nothing

4. phil m says:

I never imagioned that this goverments policies old and new could threaten my life but sadly it is.
      With all avenues to plead for support as a chroinclly I’ll man this governments policy has taken any hope that I may of had to stand my ground and fight for my simple but oh so important rights in dissability .
      I am ignored by my landlord a well known housing association and have been blamed by them without thought for my own homelife situation,even through my hell I have had the courage and inner strenth to stand up and sya “this isn’t right”but sadly in my catelogue of pleading for help and support from the HA from the local police and from my MP Greg Hands of Fulham and the local council,I have reached a point of hopelessnes and deteriating physical and mental health,I am facing iminent death. ,I can no longer extend any futher energy to my needseven whilst the fits of immense anxiety frequent atacks only futher my needs,my pain contues and my voice remains un heard.
      I will die soon and this will be the result of our democratic goverment that simply hasn’t thought this through and the concequences will be grossly shocking.
      My struggle to get any kind of legal aid whilst having to rely on govt payouts certainly comes with a cost,and in my case the cost is a slow deteriation of my health that is now become terminal illness and I will die whilst I have no voice.and I have no value on my life.
      Cutbacks to the welfare system will mean cut backs in people left on the shelf to die.
      Sad reality but in my case true.
      Phil

2. Mr Michael Williams says:

We were warned but chose to ignore! The spawn of Thatcher will complete her vision. If you are like me one of the 90% then read, weep, and use your votes wisely in future without obeying the self interest of media owners. You have been warned!

“If Margaret Thatcher is re-elected as Prime Minister, I warn you.

I warn you that you will have pain – when healing and relief depend on payment.

I warn you that you will have ignorance – when talents are untended and wits are wasted, when learning is a privilege and not a right.

I warn you that you will have poverty – when pensions slip and benefits are whittled away by a Government that won’t pay, in an economy that can’t pay.

I warn you that you will be cold – when fuel charges are used as a tax system that the rich don’t notice and the poor can’t afford.

I warn you that you must not expect work – when many cannot spend, more will not be able to earn. When they don’t earn, they don’t spend. When they don’t spend, work dies.

I warn you not to go into the streets alone after dark or into the streets in large crowds of protest in the light.

I warn you that you will be quiet – when the curfew of fear and the gibbet of unemployment make you obedient.

I warn you that you will have defence of a sort – with a risk and at a price that passes all understanding.

I warn you that you will be home-bound – when fares and transport bills kill leisure and lock you up.

I warn you that you will borrow less – when credit, loans, mortgages and easy payments are refused to people on your melting income.

If Margaret Thatcher wins, she will be more a Leader than a Prime Minister. That power produces arrogance and when it is toughened by Tebbitry and flattered and fawned upon by spineless sycophants, the boot-licking tabloid Knights of Fleet Street and placement in the Quangos, the arrogance corrupts absolutely.

If Margaret Thatcher wins –

I warn you not to be ordinary.
    I warn you not to be young.
    I warn you not to fall ill.
    I warn you not to get old.”

Neil Kinnock, 1983

3. Stuart says:

The only good thing about this government is that millions of the younger generation who did not live through Thatchers assault on the poor, will now have learned to never vote conservative. No matter what sweet beguiling words they say, its a lie. They care only for their own and rule with a vicious prejudice born of privilege.

4. Geoff O says:

Instead of repeating the spin, which is both offensive and damaging to those struggling to survive, stick to the facts. People are being made to pay, one way or another, for circumstances which they did not create and have no influence over. The housing situation is the product of incompetence by successive governments. Poverty and the consequent reliance upon benefit is a product of the failure of the social contract to provide adequate employment, which is systemic. Public opinion is being influenced by some very simplistic notions of fairness which the media seems unwilling to redress. And will any of you have the guts to ask how many people have, or are projected to commit suicide as the result of these policies?

5. IAS says:

We have heard the appalling political language used to generalise those who are unemployed as ‘Shirkers’, ‘Skivers’ and even ‘Scroungers.’ We have heard politicians focus on ‘cuts’ or ‘savings’ too.

However, is it not clear that there is a demand to develop a position for a Growth Minister in Parliament – one that whom is responsible for ensuring that the Work Programme ‘bridges the gap’ between the desperate goals sought by the ambitious and determined ‘Job Seeker’ (notice, I didn’t use the stagnant word ‘unemployed’) and engages them directly with ambitious employers who are seeking such new talent to develop policy, facilitate practices and drive ‘business’ forward?

My fear is that, with this lack of ability by politician to achieve ‘stimulus’ that Inspires both Change and Progress in the employment market, and without a working emphasis towards goals to reduce VAT back to 17.5%, productivity will continue to suffer. Also, amid the attitudes of this Coalition, whose policies continue to solely focus on reducing the expenditure on the public purse, in doing so they FAIL to IGNITE a desperate surge of Inspiration towards revitalising our economy which improves the confidence of employers, business attitudes and our the strengthening of our communities.

Surely, I have expressed a reasonable idea for growth amid the stubborn-headed and lack of strategically innovative policies by our Coalition that desperately needs to counteract this continuous stagnation in people’s lives?

Finally, this appalling rhetoric by the Coalition that expresses a view that unemployed people do not want to work, is part of the biggest problem. If the Coalition is so good at expressing such ignorance against the realities of proactive job seekers who are being supported by a failing Work Programme, it is thus clear that the Coalition does ignorance much better than it does Stimulation, Inspiration and Growth.

Someone needs to open-up this discussion to highlight the wider picture.

6. Andrew Dundas says:

In short, the NASTY PARTY is back!

7. Ian Thatcher says:

My experience of life in New Zealand, the UK, the USA, and now in Finland is that increasing the disparity between rich and poor does not achieve a prosperous and content society. The problem for me with the modern Conservative view of economics is that it reduces individuals to profit and efficiency maximisers. Every now and again even Conservatives realise that there is such a thing as society, but like Cameron’s ‘Big society’ it is incredibly simplistic and ultimately reductionist and individualistic. There is a problem of education and empathy with this government whose reading probably does not include texts like The Needs of Strangers (if only they could manage the first few sentences….)

8. Jackie says:

I have been sending letters and emails to Cameron, Miliband, Clegg, Duncan smith the papers and the news station I was on the bbc news about the benefits cuts, I am on ESA ans I will have to go to a tribunal to see if I should be aloud to get the ESA. I am an unemployed childminder still looking for a job. I have COPD and at this moment ill in bed where I have been for over a week and I was also ill in february and have to stay in bed for a week .
    The jobcentre wanted me to work in asda or some other shops, as i have COPD I cough up phlegm alot and have to spit it into a tissue, I am sure no one would want me serving them. Now because of the benefit cuts after I pay my bills I will have £6.50 for food, cloths, travel and anything else I need. No one seem to care about this it is not highlighted at all it is all about how much the government will save. it will not be much as they will have to pay for my funeral

1. CharlesJ says:

Good luck with the tribunal – mine’s coming up soon.

From recent experience, it seems that GPs and the medical profession generally is becoming more aware of the problems associated with ESA – some of them will even help you fill out the various forms and advise you what to say at the tribunal, though that is still rare.

9. Pumpkin Pete says:

In short, what this inhumane Govt. has done, is to introduce 2 ‘levies’ on the poorer classes of people in our country, with what has been estimated as a likely overall saving of in excess of £2bn per year on the current ‘Beneits Bill’.

They have done this seemingly without any regard to seeking similar, or much better, contributions to reduce the ‘Defecit’ by increasing taxation on those goups who CAN AFFORD to pay it, .. namely of course, those earning over £40,000 per year, after allowances are taken into account ……I believe it is at this level and above that increases in percentages cease to rise above 40% taxation.

Maybe the Govt. might like to look at our nearest neighbour France’s system of personal taxation, who’s rate on the highest earners comes in at 75%, almost double that of ours………..
    And if they cared to open the ledger at Britain’s taxation levels back in time say around the 60’s or even earlier, & maybe later, then they would find the top earners like Billy Butlin paying 90% and even 95% of their taxable income into the Treasury.

Given that income tax revenue in total exceeds £150bn p.a., then one tax expert has calcuted that re-modelling our taxation system in a similar fashion to that in the past, by increasing taxation, starting at 40% on £50,000, by 10% on every additional £50,000, until we would reach 90% on those earning £300,000, and finally at say 95% on any at £350,000 and over, could increase the returns by as much as £40-£50bn p.a., perhaps by one third over the returns of the present, very tax-lenient-on-the-Rich System.

That would surely ”fix” a great deal more than the current levies on the poor will do, and at about 20 times the speed !!
    Such system would have a great kinship with those of several decades ago, and remember there was no V.A.T. levied then, and thus no other tax which like V.A.T. took absolutely no account of the ”Ability to Pay”.

So, not only are the poorer groups paying equal amounts through V.A.T., which has seen regular rises in levels itself since its introduction at 7.5 by almost 300% to its current 20% , they are now beng forced into paying a higher burden, to the tune of around £2bn, towars the Defecit, whilst their wealthier cousins can sit there smiling nicely at their dear friends and family members in the Good Old House of Commons ….Pardon me please do, did I just say The House of ”Commons”, .??..seems a little inappropriate that name doesn’t it. ?? Any Suggestions ?? What about say, The House of Riches for The Few, or maybe The House of The ‘Inhumane’ ?…….Answers please on a post card to no.10 Down(-not-listen)-ing Street !!

P.s., and of hopeful benefit to those poor folk….. I think there is a good case for taking on tte Local Central Govt.in a Court Case claiming ”Discrimination’ against one group, in favour of another.. For a long time now Discrimination on bases of Race, Colour, Ethnic Group, AGE, and other bases have been considered and treated as being unlawful.
    Yet here we have a classic example of Discrimination on the basis of Age, when one group, those under pensionable age are expected to pay this Council Tax ‘Levy.’, whilst their pensioner neighbours do NOT have to PAY !! …….WHY ..??

And, in a similar way, is not the infamous ‘Bedroom Tax’ discriminating against those who’s property owners are the Govt., the tenants of those we once called ‘Council Houses’, now termed ‘Social Housing’ & in the main managed by Govt. appointed Housing Associatons…?

If this levy of around £14.00 per week is not being applied to ANY of say the 2million tenants of of ‘Privately Owned’ properties, but only to the 600,000 in the public sector ownershp, is this not again the operation by Govt. of a policy of ‘Discrimination’.??… Put it this way then….Do you the reader think it is ? I, as a pensioner myself, with only one bedroom, and therefore having no financial basis for complaint,……….Certainly Thinks it is Discrimination, and Unlawful Dscrimination at That !!

PLEASE GO SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS !!

Pumpkin Pete has spoked

1. Brammie says:

Quote ” If this levy of around £14.00 per week is not being applied to ANY of say the 2million tenants of of ‘Privately Owned’ properties, but only to the 600,000 in the public sector ownershp,”

The private sector have had this in for a long time anyway. If you rent privatly you have never received full housing benefit for the property you live in. So, no they wont be taking any more off the private rental sector as we have been paying a lot more than the average £14 per week anyway, My rent is £500 per callendar month, of that i have to find £315, as we get working tax credits, even when we were unemployed and claimed full benefits we still had to find £215 per month.
      I dont agree with the ‘bedroom tax’ but in one way they just bringing it into line with the private sector, maybe if the private sector had been given full rent in the first place, they wouldnt now be bringing the council sector down to be in line with it.

10. Will Speak says:

The government have started a class war designed to devide and put fear into the population while they allow the rich to steal the wealth of this country.
    These unjust and unwarented changes which effect the most valnerable in society at a time when the rich see a cut in their taxes are a test to see how the population react to the wholesale abandonment of social justice in favour of a brutal regime which punishes the poor and sick in order to suppress the growing numbers of people failed by market economy capitalism.
    I’m ashamed to be British and dream of a day when the people of this country finally take back their dignity and punish those who have destroyed the hope of millions in order to increase their own power and wealth.

11. c. c. says:

The Government seems to have convinced the majority of the British public that these measures are both necessary and fair. But Hitler managed to convince the German people that his ideas were reasonable too, didn’t he!

12. APB says:

I never ever thought I would say this but I am actually thinking of voting for independence at the Scottish referendum.I feel more and more removed from the draconian policies of the elitist minority who rule this kingdom.Scotland has always been a socialist country with a sense of fairness and compassion for those less fortunate which seems far removed from the Westminster of today.Is it naive to hope that an independent Scotland could address the growing gap between the have and have nots and create a fairer society watch this space……..

13. Bruce says:

In the recent past I recall property owners vandalising their empty properties [by removing roof tiles etc] so that they did not have to pay rates, further back many windows were bricked in to minimise the impact of the window tax – could social tenants brick up the doorways to or otherwise ‘ruin’ their spare bedroom in order to avoid the bedroom tax? Whilst this may sound a bit extreme – where people cannot move it may be a legal and valid answer that highlights the stupidity of the situation.

14. paul hinshaw says:

What happens to the children when families are evicted for not being able to afford bedroom tax or rent, what happens when families can’t afford food, gas and electric, has cameron, clegg and ids got an idea of mass british extinction. We talk about child abuse, human rights etc etc well maybe these should be in the dock for such crimes as these are the people who have started this for the cuts will tear families and people apart, hopefully we the people can stick together and overthrow this vicious discriminate goverment as pain is the only game for these to women, children, the elderly, disabled the sick and working class people freezing or cutting nation min wage yeah that rewarding the working class, coalition party iv worked basically all my adult life I’m 23 now btw and lost my job april 13 2012 just been offered a job, iv searched everyday for a job no successes till last week, we the people are looking and don’t see beneifits as a luxury I hate having no money it horrible but then again it must look so simple on 1,600 a week rant over, remember coalition you can only push people so far until breaking point and when this happens you will realise to late what you done to the poor and working class of this country.

15. Robert Taggart says:

Firstly – everyone appears to have forgotten that the squeeze on benefits claimants began with NuLiebore – it was they who introduced the Work Capability Assessment.
    Secondly – one cannot believe there will not be ‘fireworks’ once all these reforms come into being – particularly when all those workers, who do the right thing – begin to lose out.

The Benefits system be horrendous – good luck to anyone who tries to change it – says a scrounger !

16. Ally Say says:

I have worked since I was 14 years old and have always been employed, sometimes doing 3 jobs whilst studying. Therefore I have always paid my tax and national insurance.

However due to circumstances beyond my control I became ill and could no longer work. Married with children we lost my income overnight and had to adjust like everybody else. I had a stroke which debilitated me further (I do not smoke or drink excessively) which was obviously my fault, as this government would imply. I was entitled to benefits for a number of years but did not apply for them I wanted to believe I could return to work. When I did apply after my stroke I ended up at a tribunal. My stroke had occurred a few months before, I was in a wheelchair and was dribbling when I spoke as my words were sometimes muffled as a result of the stroke. I was in the hearing for over 2 hours. The result even with supportive doctors letters etc? Nothing. I was called a liar and a fraud. Never have I felt so humiliated or demeaned in my entire life. I never ever imagined becoming ill or disabled and yip, didn’t think it would ever happen to me.

I was told that I was basically making it all up, the stroke, the split pelvis I had endured from my pregnancies, the bone and muscle pain I endured due to other medical conditions. Well, that’s because I had nothing better to do with my time, in amongst my recovery,for according to the government I decided to become Walter Mitty. Why? Well according to the officials I was too busy being fat (which I am not), lazy (no) and a scrounger (absolutely not).

I thought that national insurance was exactly that – an insurance payment against me becoming ill. I became ill and made a claim against my insurance payment and was rejected because I was a total idiot in their opinion.

According to most of the media every person who dares to claim a benefit is a fat lazy scrounger who lies in bed until teatime then goes down the pub and drinks their money away, after they have been to the bookies of course.

I am sure there are people like that and that is up to them, but to say that everybody is like that is totally pathetic.

I have been in and out of hospital having treatment and tests done for years experiencing excrutiating pain every day, yet I live in a fantasy world apparently.

Every day people are dying because of these benefit cuts and yet as a society we do nothing but sit back and not care because, hey, it did not happen to me.

So, after the disabled, welfare recipients and the public sector workers are rejected and demonised by society who next? Shall it be anybody who does not have blonde hair and blue eyes? Shall it be people who only earn above £100,000? I was reading Lord of the Flies again the other day and realised that is what we have become. A bunch of animals who kill the weak and could not care less, because hey let’s face it if it doesn’t affect me directly why worry?

Money is all this governement care about, how much more they can make and how much more again. So the next time you read a story about somebody on benefits, think again. Next time they write a story it could be about you. But hey, there I go imagining things again….

17. Andrew Dundas says:

Outrageous insult by Osborne upon every parent. Parents are neither scroungers nor killers.

Each set of parents receives benefits for their one, two or three children. Each of whom is a loved child who will contribute to the continuance of our Nation. It is grotesque to suggest that paying benefits leads us to have two wives and 13 children, or to kill six of them.

Nor is any unemployed person or disabled person a scrounger-killer. Osborne’s allegation are beyond extremely offensive.

18. r baird says:

I have a severe sight impaired child and due to the changes to disabilty she is not intitled to DLA, i have today gone to sign on to get my jobseekers benefit next week on wednesday and was told my jobseekers has been stopped!!!!!!!! because 3 hours a day job searching is not good enough!!!!!!!! god knows how i am going to get electric next week so my daughter dosn’t have a serious accident from lack of lights and i have just gone round and switched all the heating off so the house is now freezing and i can’t think of where i’m gonna get food from next week…………. so thank you very much Burnley job center for putting my child at serious risk of harm by stopping the only money i have to survive and thank you very much coalition government for allowing this to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Steve Willis says:

I have a video of the children of people on welfare breaking into a council property. During the course of the burglary one of the children hurts a finger and an adult goes over to check the child is ok. The children open the doors; in go the adults, coming out again with stolen property. The person filming this had been intimidated for years by his neighbours, but the council did nothing, other than repair the damage done to their own homes by these people.

The good news is these people represent a very small minority. The majority of welfare recipients struggle to survive and are just as incensed as everybody else about those who abuse the system.

So, reform should be attempted on the basis of fact supported by common sense. However, if the politicians wish to save money try reducing; contributions to the EU by 80%, foreign aid by 80% and remove the special privileges & statutory exemptions enjoyed by MPs in relation to Income Tax & National Insurance.

20. Happytowork says:

Brilliant, work should pay and Scroungers should learn what is work, it’s stressful but you don’t claim ESA , you keep going and keep paying taxes for the Scroungers to have a lavish life.

21. est ce que psn code generator marche says:

Thanks for another informative site. The place else may I am getting that
    type of info written in such a perfect manner? I’ve a undertaking that I’m simply now working on, and I’ve been on the look out for such information.