Want to find out more about Channel 4 News and what makes us tick? Read on.
Channel 4 News: Our Vision
Engaging news and analysis for people who want to know ‘why?'
The issues you care about, brought to life, by experts you know, trust and like.
Channel 4 News is committed to challenging expectations with stories that reveal and inspire, innovatively produced - with just a touch of mischief.
A passionate pursuit of the truth, a spotlight on injustice - News that's on your side.
A news programme like no other...
On seven nights a week and presented by Jon Snow since 1989, the programme reflects a commitment to:
- Telling you what they don't want you to know
- Asking the questions you want answered
- Being in touch with your lives & what matters to you
- Exposing injustice
- Holding to account
- Seeing it & showing it differently
- Applying a healthy mix of scepticism, humour and mischief
Since its launch, the programme has been regularly awarded by the Royal Television Society, BAFTA, Broadcast, Amnesty International and One World Media for its home news stories, extensive foreign coverage and team of experienced presenters, editors, correspondents and reporters.
Supporting the independent sector...
No news programme in the UK commissions more independent filmmakers than Channel 4 News. In line with Channel 4's commitment to supporting the independent sector, both lone film-makers and larger production companies have an opportunity to showcase their work on the evening bulletin and at Channel 4 News Online.
Contact Louise Turner to find out more about the Film Fund.
Proving that depth can be done online, Channel 4.com/news is the home of the days's most important news bolstered by specialist insight and expert commentary.
Cathy Newman's FactCheck - seeks the truth behind claims made by those in public office. Her blog has been commended for its statistical integrity and is frequently cited in the House of Commons.
Jon Snow's daily Snowblog tackles everything from global crises to events he encounters on his morning cycle. His long-running SnowMail teases the show's big stories everynight - his take on the day delivered to your inbox.
Krishnan Guru Murthy's GuruBlog is his take on the news agenda, combined with commentary on some of his personal passions.
Our team of experts interact with our audiences throughout the day - you can stay in touch with Jon, Krishnan and the team through twitter, facebook and their blogs.
The Channel 4 News Team
Find out more about the team, follow them on Twitter and read their blogs here: The Channel 4 News team
Please wait while this video loads. If it doesn't load after a few seconds you may need to have Adobe Flash installed.
Some Key Facts
- Channel 4 News is on at 7pm every weeknight. Weekend programmes vary.
- Channel 4 News has been made by ITN for Channel 4 since the channel's launch in 1982.
- Channel 4 News has 20.3 million monthly viewers (source: BARB).
- Channel 4 News has a higher proportion of 16-34 age /news; group viewers than other terrestrial TV evening news programmes (source: BARB).
- Channel4.com/news has an average of 850,000 unique users monthly.