The Language of Love sees a group of Brits and a group of Spaniards pairing up at a dreamy Spanish country estate to see if they can find romance… despite not speaking each other’s language. Get to know the daters taking part in the bilingual experiment to find a romantic match.
The Language of Love starts 4 January at 10pm on Channel 4 and All 4.
The British Girls
Schools Liaison Officer
- Tara was previously married and separated from her ex-husband three years ago.
- She has lived in Stoke all her life and wants to find a new guy further afield.
- “I’ve never had a holiday romance, so fingers crossed I’ll get one.”
Football Club Administrator
- Thalia is a mum to a seven-year-old daughter and has been single for six years.
- In the past she has put other people’s feelings before her own but is now determined to put herself and her daughter first and meet someone right for her life.
- “I would move abroad if it was the right person. I just want someone to love and to love me.”
- Tracy has had her heart broken before when she found out an ex had cheated on her.
- Tracy is happy for her friends settling down but feels like it’s her turn now.
- “I’m at that age where I will move for love. I think you can find love anywhere and everywhere”.
The Spanish Boys
Nurse and Barman
La Línea, Cádiz
- Cristóbal works by day as a nursing assistant but gets to unleash his charisma at the weekend when he works as a barman.
- Energy is important to him and he is looking for a girl who has spirituality.
- “I was in London for two or three months. The only thing I learnt was ‘Come with me, darling! You are gorgeous!’”
- Jose works as a model. He says his look has been compared to Brad Pitt.
- Loyalty is important to José. When he is with a girl, he wants to look after them.
- “I love English girls, but I don’t have a type, per se. As long as she catches my eye and she’s beautiful on the inside, she’s perfect.”
5-Star Hotel Customer Services
- Jose Carlos loves music. He sings and plays Spanish guitar.
- He says that women have treated him like a sex object, but he is tired of that life and wants to find true love.
- “I’m so extroverted and I’ve met many people that can’t handle my personality.”
The British Boys
Professional MMA fighter
- Akonne has started to think about settling down and would like to have a big family of his own.
- Akonne is tired of his “stagnant” dating life and wants to branch out from meeting the same type of girls week after week.
- “I want about five kids, so I better get started soon.”
- Arran is originally from Newcastle and is a father to a girl and two boys. He has never been to Spain before.
- He has found looking for love while being a parent is harder, but he is open to meeting someone special.
- “I used to work in a tapas restaurant and all I know about Spain is the names of different foods.”
- Luke has been single for two years after an eight-year relationship.
- He lives alone and is looking for companionship and someone to come home to.
- “I would give up anything and move anywhere across the world if it was for the right person.”
The Spanish Girls
Karaoke Bar Manager
- Albania’s friends describe her as the life and soul of the party.
- She has lived in Barcelona for 16 years and enjoys the fun that comes with her job.
- “I need a man who is polite, knows what he wants and will treat me like a princess.”
- Kimey has lived in Tenerife all her life.
- She describes herself as intense, flirtatious and extremely ambitious. She takes pride in her intelligence as much as her appearance.
- “Love moves me, and I will do anything to have a person I love by my side”
Make-up artist & nail technician
- Lucía describes herself as spontaneous, romantic and quite sentimental.
- She gets along with people she finds authentic and is hoping to be romanced by a good-looking man.
- “What I’m looking for in a relationship is loyalty, respect, charm and someone I can fall in love with.”