2 x ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
4 x cloves of garlic, chopped
1 Dried chili
Flat leaf parsley, a handful
150gms baby squid
150gms palourde clams
150gms small mussel
6 large king prawns, heads on, tail shell removed
2 x red mullet fillets skinned and deboned
1 x star anise
Olive oil, drizzle,
White wine 100ml
White sourdough, 2 slices
1. In a large pan big enough to hold the stew add some olive oil and lightly heat.
2. Chopped garlic and chilli and lightly sauté .
3. Now add the saffron and star aniseed and cook for a minute to release the flavours.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Now add the clams and mussels and pour over the white wine. Allow the clams and mussels to cook and then with the same residual heat add the mullet, prawns and finally the squid. Cook for a few minutes, or until the fish is cooked.
6. Once this is cooking toast your sourdough slices and rub over with a garlic clove.
7. When the stew is cooked, check seasoning and finish with flat leaf parsley and serve over your toasted sour dough/ bruschetta.