For the meringue
3 egg whites
teaspoon sherry vinegar
1 vanilla pod
For the topping
175g lemon curd
selection of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, thinly sliced kumquats, oranges
zest half orange
juice half orange
200g whipped cream mixed with 100g Greek yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Make the meringues. Beat egg whites with vinegar until stiff peaks, then whisk in sugar 1 tablespoon at a time
3. Draw a 20-22cm circle on greaseproof parchment and place on a baking tray.
4. Spoon the meringue onto the circle on greaseproof paper, flatten the middle with back of a spoon to give the meringue an edge.
5. Put into the oven and turn down to 150°C immediately, then bake for about 45 minutes. It should be hard on the outside and chewy in middle
6. To make the topping, mix the curd with zest and juice, then fold in the fruit
7. Spoon the cream on to the meringue, then the fruit
8. Dust with icing sugar
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to email@example.com!