2.5kg turkey crown butterflied, most of outer fat removed
3 onions, sliced
6 cloves garlic, sliced
100ml red wine vinegar
150ml chicken stock
100g harissa paste
30g smoked paprika
30g sea salt
For the cucumber salad
2 cucumbers, peeled, deseeded and cut into thick half moons
2tsp chilli flakes
tbs sea salt
juice zest 1 lemon
For the sauce
100ml greek yoghurt
half head roasted garlic
1. Slice the onion and garlic and put into an ovenproof dish – pour over the red wine vinegar, port and chicken stock.
2. Sit the turkey on top and rub in the harissa paste.
3. Mix together the paprika, salt, cinnamon and sumac and sprinkle on top of the turkey.
4. Cover and roast at 160°c for 2 hours. Take off the cover and roast for 1 hour more to crisp up. Shred or slice (Add a little water to the base if it’s drying out).
For the Salad
5. Simply mix all together, except the lemon and let stand for 1 hour
6. Add the zest and juice of the lemon.
For the Sauce
7. Mix together all ingredients
8. Serve a mound of meat with all the trimmings and make your own Christmas kebabs
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to email@example.com