From the book Lose Weight for Good
For the lamb doner
175g lean lamb mince (20% fat)
175g lamb leg meat, trimmed of all fat
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
½ tsp flaky sea salt
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried oregano
A pinch of dried chilli flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
For the yoghurt sauce
100ml natural yoghurt (0% fat)
1 tbsp mint leaves, finely chopped
A pinch of granulated sweetener
A pinch of salt
2 medium corn tortillas
40g iceberg lettuce, shredded 50g cucumber, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
6 pickled chillies
Hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to fan 220°C/gas 7.
2. Place all the lamb doner ingredients in a food processor, adding plenty of pepper, and pulse until smooth. Divide the mixture in half. Shape each portion into a ball and roll out between two large sheets of greaseproof paper, until very thin.
3. Remove the top sheet of paper from each piece of meat. Place each rolled-out portion of meat, still on the bottom piece of paper, on a large oven tray. Place the trays on the top two shelves of the oven and cook for 3–4 minutes until browned.
4. Meanwhile, mix together all the ingredients for the yoghurt sauce.
5. Remove the trays from the oven and wave a cook’s blowtorch all over the surface of the lamb until blackened in small areas. Leave to rest for a couple of minutes.
6. Warm the tortillas on the top shelf of the oven for a minute or so – or use a griddle pan. Place on warmed plates.
7. Slice the lamb into strips, about 2.5cm wide. Serve on the open tortillas with the salad, pickled chillies, a drizzle of the yoghurt dressing and maybe some hot sauce. These are generously filled tortillas, intended to be eaten open and not wrapped.
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to email@example.com