100g shredded vegetable shortening
325g caster sugar
half tsp each of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, salt, baking powder
For the Icing
225g brown sugar
210g icing sugar
Garnish with red fruits and cream
1. Beat the butter, shortening, sugar and vanilla for 5 minutes with electric whisk.
2. Add eggs, 1 at a time.
3. Add the dry ingredients half at a time, alternating with milk.
4. Spoon into a greased and floured Bundt tin. Bake at 180°C for approx 45 mins to 1 hour.
6. To make the icing, boil the butter, sugar and cream for 4 minutes, take off heat, cool.
7. Beat in the sugar and vanilla, spread on the cake.
8. Serve with red fruits and cream.
If you make this or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture (with your face in!) to email@example.com