For the onions
2 red onions, finely sliced
5g dried oregano
4 whole black peppercorns
juice 1 lime
juice 2 oranges
7g salt salt
For the dressing
juice and zest 1 lemon
45g crème fraiche
45g full fat yoghurt
30g horseradish sauce
30g Dijon mustard
salt and pepper
4 x 200g aged rump steaks (min 28 days)
25g each garlic powder, smoked paprika, chilli powder, celery salt
oil and butter to fry
3 cloves garlic
few sprigs of thyme
big handful rocket
200g shaved aged Parmesan
1. Blanch the onions in boiling water for 10 seconds, refresh in ice cold water, drain, pat dry and put in a bowl.
2. Add everything else, stir well, cover and leave for 24 hours.
3. For the dressing, simply mix all ingredients together.
4. To make the steaks mix the rub ingredients together, then rub into the steaks
5. Fry for 2-3 minutes each side.
6. Add butter, thyme and garlic, baste, remove, rest, then carve
7. Serve on a bed of the rocket, onions etc, tossed in the horseradish dressing.
If you make this or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture (with your face in!) to email@example.com