8 ring doughnuts, slice in half horizontally
100g choccy bits
200ml caramel sauce
tsp sea salt
75g demarera sugar
5 egg yolks
200ml double cream
splash vanilla extract
1. heat the milk and cream and chocolate until melted.
2. beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl.
3. pour it on to the chocolate cream and beat well
4. butter the doughnuts, then put a layer of donuts in an oven proof dish and drizzle with caramel sauce, sprinkle with salt, saltanas, chocolate bits and demarera sugar.
5. repeat, until you finish up all the doughnuts and bits
6. pour over the custard mix and leave for at least half an hour before cooking
7. cook at 160C for about 45 minutes
8. serve with clotted cream