750g well rinsed, thick cut wet salt cod, cut into 50 mm cubes
1 tsp dried yeast
approx. 75ml honey
Ingredients for the Aioli
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp Dijon
juice and zest of 1 lemon
approximately 500ml extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Combine the flour and yeast.
2. Make a well in the centre, add the egg, half the honey and approximately 60ml water to form a batter.
3. Dip the cod into the batter and deep fry for 5 minutes.
4. For the aioli, whisk the yolk and mustard.
5. Slowly whisk in the oil until you have a nice thick sauce (may not need all the oil).
6. Now add lemon, garlic and seasoning.
7. Serve with the fritters.
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org - and make sure we can see your lovely face!