8 dried red chilies
25mm piece ginger or galangal
2 stalks lemon grass, chopped
3 garlic cloves
Tsp shrimp paste
1 tbsp veg oil to fry
250ml coconut cream
500ml chicken stock
8 lime leaves
2 stalks lemon grass, bruised
25ml tamarind paste
25ml fish sauce
4 x salmon fillets, approx. 175g each
150g green beans
Serve with sticky rice, sliced red chillies, Thai basil, mint, coriander
1. Paste – soak the chillies in water for 20mins. Then blend (inc water) with the rest of the ingredients til smooth.
2. Fry approx. 60g of the paste on a low heat for 5mins in the veg oil.
3. Add the coconut, stock, lemon grass and lime leaves.
4. Bring to the boil. Add the sugar, fish sauce and tamarind and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Now add the fish and simmer for 5-6mins. Add the beans, cook 1 minute more.
6. Serve with the accompaniments.