2 small Hispi cabbages, outer leaves removed and cut in half
125ml olive oil
2 cloves sliced garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
1 chopped red chilli
100ml white wine
zest n juice 1 lemon
6 salted anchovy fillets
200g shredded ham hock
serve with bread to mop up the juices
1. Heat a little oil in a roasting tray, when its hot put the cabbage, cut side down and cook for 3 minutes until charred, remove.
2. Turn down the heat, add the garlic, chilli, oregano, cook 3 minutes.
3. Add wine, reduce by half.
4. Add the cabbage back in and butter and a little water.
5. Cover with foil, roast until tender at 180c
6. Take off foil, stir in the ham, anchovy and lemon.