1 head of cauliflower
6 free range eggs
2tbsp toasted caraway seeds
100 grated mature cheddar cheese
100g grated gruyere cheese
1tsp curry powder
½ tsp chilli powder
Salt and pepper to taste
150g Lamb’s lettuce, picked and washed
Handful of picked rocket leaves
2 Granny Smith apples, cut into batons
1tbsp red wine vinegar
3tbsp olive oil
Splash of oil for cooking
1. Separate the cauliflower into florets. Cut a little off the florets or cut in half to give a flat surface.
2. Heat a splash of oil in a non-stick 24cm frying pan that has an oven proof handle.
3. Add the cauliflower florets, flat side down.
4. Roast until the cauliflower browns and begins to soften. Flip the cauliflower over and add the butter.
5. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked.
6. Remove from the heat and then flip the cauliflower back over so it is flat side down.
7. Whisk together the eggs, curry powder, chilli powder and season.
8. Add the caraway seeds to the pan and scatter in the grated cheese evenly.
9. Place the pan back onto a medium heat and then pour in the egg mix.
10. When it starts to cook on the bottom, place the whole pan into a pre-heated oven at 180°C and bake for 15-20 minutes.
11. Meanwhile slice your apples into batons and mix together with the rocket and Lamb’s lettuce.
12. Remove the pan from the oven and leave the omelette to rest for 3-4 minutes.
13. Place the whole omelette onto a plate.
14. Dress the salad with the vinegar and olive oil, and place the salad on top of the omelette and serve.