200ml freshly squeezed orange juice
2 star anise
1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
1 vanilla pod
Ingredients for the topping
150g demarera sugar
50g flaked almonds
pinch ground cinnamon
1. Cut the rhubarb into 50mm pieces and lay in a 9” square oven-proof dish.
2. Meanwhile heat the orange juice, sugar, anise, cinnamon and vanilla and cook until it becomes a syrup, remove star anise and cinnamon stick.
3. Pour the syrup over the rhubarb.
4. For the topping, rub the ingredients together until it looks like crumbs, then scoop on to the fruit and cook at 180C for 35-40 minutes until golden.
5. Serve with clotted cream and custard.
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org - and make sure we can see your lovely face!