300g plain flour
100g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tbs dried yeast
50ml warm water (to activate yeast)
1. Activate yeast with warm water and mix all ingredients together.
2. Stir the mixture well. The consistency should be like a very thick pancake. Keep somewhere warm to allow to leaven. Once leavened can Store in fridge for 3 days.
3. Pinch dough into balls and deep fry until golden brown. 2-3 mins.
Allow to drain off any excess oil - Once cooked roll in cinnamon sugar to evenly coat.
STRAWBERRY CHILI JAM
1 punnet strawberries
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons water
1. Wash and finely dice strawberries and add them to a pan on medium heat.
2. Once the strawberries start to cook down, add all other ingredients. Cook until it has a jam like consistency.
Serve the Puff Puff with Jam on the side and Clotted Cream.