These cocktails were provided by our drink expert Carl Brown.
Pear & Raspberry Bottled Punch
1. Into the brandy add the cardamon (crushed), anise, Walnut (de-shelled).
2. Seal and leave for 24hrs
3. In a pan add the pears and raspberries and water.
4. Bring to the boil then simmer mashing the fruit until soft.
5. Strain through a Jam bag/ tea bowl into a jar. Get as much juice as possible.
6. In a bowl Knead the Lemon rinds with the sugar until oiled are extracted then add Lemon Juice.
7. Strain lemon Sherbet into Berry and pear juice.
8. Pour the brandy in
9. Keeps for a year but I’m guessing it won’t last that long.
Apple and Blackberry Spritz
2 sticks Cinnamon
½ tsp Nutmeg
250ml Apple cider vinegar
1. In a pan add the blackberry and apples plus the water, bring to the boil then simmer until all is soft.
2. Strain through a jam cloth to tea bowl
3. Add the sugar and vinegar and stir together.
4. Add the vodka and spices, seal and leave for 24hrs
5. Strain before using.
To serve just pour out 40ml and top with Prosecco
Strawberry and Rhubarb fizz
2 Orange rinds
10ml Vanilla extract
1. In a pan add the rhubarb, strawberry, orange rind, juniper and water. Bring to the boil and then simmer until soft.
2. Strain through a tea towel into a jar.
3. Add the vanilla and ginger juice and sugar and stir
4. Seal and leave for 24hrs
5. Add 25ml syrup
6. 50ml whisky
7. 10ml lemon juice
8. Either stir and top with soda
9. Or Shake with rosemary and top with soda