1kg baby back ribs, cut into 5-6 bone pieces
For the marinade and sauce
6 cloves garlic
tbs each of rosemary, marjarom, oregano
tbs tomato puree
125ml white wine
75ml tom ketchup
30ml brown sauce
30ml light soy
30g beef stock powder made into a pste with water
For the slaw
half head fennel, finely sliced
half head celeriac – grated on a mandolin or very very finely sliced into matchsticks
6 sliced spring onions
handful finely chopped parsley
For the dressing
50g grain mustard
1. Cook the ribs for 45 minutes in simmering water and then drain.
2. Puree all the marinade/sauce ingredients.
3. Reserve approximately 1/4 of the sauce.
4. With the rest, marinate the ribs ideally overnight, but minimum 4 hours.
5. Now roast at 160C or approximately 45 minutes.
6. Heat the rest of the marinade in a pan, and paint onto the ribs before serving.
7. For the slaw, mix the dressing ingredients together and add to the slaw ingredients.
8. Serve with bread.
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to email@example.com - and make sure we can see your lovely face!