250g easy cook polenta
400g chestnut mushrooms, chopped coarsely
zest n juice
200g drained ricotta
zest 1 lemon
salt and cracked black pepper
more parmesan to grate
1. Polenta – bring the water to the boil.
2. Add polenta, stir for 5 minutes. Add cream, butter, parmesan.
3. Spoon into a greased baking tin - the polenta needs to be about 25-30mm deep.
4. Cool completely.
5. When cold cut into pieces about 75-100mm long. Fry in butter until golden on all sides.
6. Fry the mush in butter for 5 minutes. Add lemon.
7. Ricotta, whisk until fluffy and add the salt & pepper.
8. Serve polenta, topped with ricotta and mushrooms and topped with lots of parmesan.