300g almonds, peeled
2 egg whites
zest n juice half lemon
serve with fromage frais, icing sugar and raspberries
1. Blend the nuts and 400g sugar until smooth.
2. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then add the sugar.
3. Add the honey and lemon, then gently fold in the nut mix.
4. Put plenty of icing sugar on a work surface, and roll the dough into a long sausage, about 20mm diameter.
5. Cut into 30mm pieces.
6. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes at 180C.
7. Serve with pots of icing sugar.