This recipe was provided by our guest chef Masha Rener.
Serves 8 people
For the sauce
Pork Belly Mince (30% Fat) 1kg
2 tsp salt
Crushed Black Pepper 3gr
Red Wine Vinegar 25gr
Dried Porcini mushrooms 75gr
00 Flour 25gr
Single Cream 730ml
For the Pasta Dough
00 Flour 500gr
Warm Water 220ml
1. Add the pork mince, salt, black pepper and red wine vinegar to a spiral mixer bowl and mix well.
2. Add mixture to a bratt pan and slowly roast until crispy and golden. Remove any excess fat.
3. Soak the dried Porcini mushrooms in water for 20mins then remove excess water and cut into hazelnut shaped pieces. Check for any sand.
4. Add to the bratt pan and sweat down. Add garlic and colour lightly. Add the flour to the same pan and mix well. Add water to deglaze followed by single cream. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10mins. Season with salt and black pepper.
5. For the pasta dough mix flour and salt. Make a hole in the middle and add water. Start kneading the dough for 5 mins to get the right texture. With a rolling pin roll the dough to 0.5cm thickness and cut long strips which you roll up into individual pici. While doing so cover the remaining dough with a wet cloth to prevent dough from drying out. Continue until you use up all the dough.
6. Boil the pici in boiling salted water until they rise up. Mix pici in with sauce. Finish off with parmesan on top. Serve.