50g flour, seasoned
12 partridge breasts (skinned)
1 finely diced onion
clove crushed garlic
375g cubed celeriac
3 carrots, cut into rounds
300ml white wine
450ml strong fresh chicken stock
2 peeled pears
pack ready rolled puff pastry
Serve with buttered leafy greens and cranberry sauce
1. Cut the breasts into 4 pieces, toss in flour, heat some oil in a pan, add the breasts (single layer). Fry 30 seconds each side. Place in a rectangular pie dish
2. Add the onion and garlic, cook 5 minutes.
3. Add celeriac and carrot, same again.
4. Now add the flour from tossing the breasts in, cook gently for 3 minutes.
5. Gradually add the wine, then the stock.
6. Pour over the partridge. Cool completely.
7. Add the pears.
8. Cut the pastry larger than the pie dish, trim and egg wash.
9. Bake at 180C for approximately 45 minutes until crisp and golden.
If you make this recipe, be sure to send us a picture of you with your dish to email@example.com.
This recipe will be available for 6 months from the publish date and is subject to changes during the live show.