1/2 partridge – spatchcocked
3 ounces of black pudding
2 heritage apples (cox’s) – peeled and chopped
Half a glass of Killahora ‘ice wine’ or good quality cider
Salt and pepper to season
Sprig of thyme
• Heat hot pan with a dash of sunflower oil, butter and fresh thyme
• Add spatchcocked partridge to pan and cook for 4 minutes until very lightly pink
· In another pan add the apple segments and cook until apples soft.
· Add the pomegranates.
· To the patridge pan, add the black pudding and heat through, or until crispy.
· Take out the fruit from the other plan and glaze pan with ‘ice wine’
· Plate up – black pudding followed by partridge and topped with apple and pomegranates. And drizzle over the ice wine.