seeds of 6 cardamom pods, crushed
200g ground almonds
25g self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
75g golden raisins
15g flaked almonds plus extra for garnish
Serve warm with warmed honey, brandy, orange zest, Greek yoghurt
1. Put the whole oranges in a pan, cover with water. Boil for 1 hour
2. Cut into 4, remove the seeds and any heavy pith. Puree.
3. Whisk the cardamom, cinnamon, sugar and eggs into the orange mix
4. Fold in the raisins, flour etc
5. Spoon into a lined 24cm tin (loose bottom or spring form), sprinkle on the flaked almonds.
6. Bake at 170c for 40-45 minutes
7. Spoon over the honey and orange mix
8. Serve big slices with yoghurt and more nuts