This recipe was provided by our guest chef Tonia Buxton.
4 tbsps Olive oil
5 large onions, sliced
1 tbsps brown sugar
1 red pepper & 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded & sliced width wise
I courgette ribboned with a vegetable peeler
1 tbsp sumac
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp sea salt
200g yellow & red cherry tomatoes
10 mint leaves finely chopped
2 green chillies finely chopped
250g feta cheese
1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry (320g)
drizzle of pomegranate molasses
2 green chillis, deseeded if you don’t want too much heat.
75g pomegranate seeds (optional)
1. Caramelise the onions in half the butter & oil on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Take off the heat & place on a plate. Add the rest of the oil & butter, add the peppers & sauté for a minute, add the courgette, sumac, turmeric & black pepper & salt. Continue to cook for a minute. Take off the heat & put the tomatoes in the pan & roll with the oil.
3. Line a baking tray & roll out the pastry, rolling out a little more to go just over the edges, fold them over to make a boarder.
4. Evenly spread the caramelised onions over the pastry, do the same for the pepper tomato mix then crumble the feta over the top & sprinkle the mint leaves.
5. Place in the oven for 20 minutes till the pastry has browned.
6. Take out of the over, drizzle over the pomegranate molasses & sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds.
7. Serve immediately