This recipe was provided by our guest chef Angela Hartnett
For the pasta
300gm 00 pasta flour
9 x whole free range eggs yolks
For the sauce
Spash of olive oil for frying
500g fresh mushrooms; porcini, giorlles work great.
knob of butter
handful of parsley
touch of creme fraiche
Parmesan, to serve
1. Prep and make the pasta. Add the yolks to the flour and knead until you form a dough, or put into a mixer, and mix until its all combined into a dough.
2. Roll into a ball, cover in cling film and leave to rest for an hour.
3. Once rested, roll through a pasta machine. You will have to do this a few times to get it nice and thin.
4. Once rolled, either roll up the sheet of pasta and cut into 1 cm thick strips to form the tagliatelle shape, or cut 1 cm long strips from the flat sheet of pasta.
5. Cover with a bit of pasta flour so it doesn’t stick together and set aside until ready to cook.
6. For the Sauce - In a pan add the oil. Add the mushroom and cook until golden brown.
7. Add the crushed garlic, a knob of butter and finish with chopped parsley, leave a little behind to garnish on top at the end.
8. Cook pasta in boiling salted water.
9. The pasta will only take a minute or two to cook, once it is ready, add the pasta to the mushrooms and mix. Add a spoon of the cooking liquid and a touch of creme fraiche and toss it all together.
10. Serve with grated parmesan on top and finish with a sprinkling of chopped parsley.