1 pack sweet shortcrust pastry
250g ricotta cheese
25g icing sugar
2 large egg yolks
3tbsp double cream
rind and juice of 1 lemon
50g glace cherries, sliced
50g flaked almonds
Icing sugar to dust
1. Pre heat the oven at 190°C.
2. Line a 12 x 35cm maison tart tin with the pastry and bake blind until lightly golden.
3. Beat all the remaining ingredients together in a bowl except the almonds, making sure the mixture is well combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the pastry case and sprinkle over the almonds.
5. Place flan on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 180°C for a further 30 - 35 minutes or until golden and set.
6. Allow to cool slightly before serving and dust with icing sugar.