This recipe was provided by this week's Guest Chef Nisha Katona
1 large marrow-(800g) peeled if skin tough and chopped into 1.5-inch chunks
6 tbsp veg oil
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp asafoetida powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp brown sugar
1 crushed garlic clove
1 tsp salt
1 cup roasted salted cashew nuts (snack type)
juice of 1 small lemon
serve with warm chapati breads
1. Heat veg oil in a large wok-style pan. add the fenugreek seeds- as soon as they go a little golden and start fizzing throw in the asafoetida and allow to fizz for 5 seconds.
2. Add the crushed garlic and cook until soft.
3. Now add the chopped marrow, the turmeric chilli, sugar and allow to cook on a medium heat until the dish has begun to dry out. The marrow should become nice and soft.
4. When soft and the water has pretty much evaporated toss in the salt, the nuts and the lemon juice and combine
5. To serve, create chapati wraps