150g golden raisins
3 tablespoons limoncello
100g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
200g self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
225g caster sugar
3 medium eggs
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
200ml warm water
Serve with Greek yoghurt and a selection of soft fruits
1. Soak the raisins in the limoncello overnight
2. Preheat the oven to 140°C fan/160°C/Gas 3. Grease a 23cm springform cake tin and line with baking parchment
3. Sift together the flour, polenta and baking powder
4. Add the limoncello-soaked rasins, along with the ricotta, melted butter, sugar, eggs, lemon zest and juice, and warm water. Whisk together well, using an electric whisk
5. Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 55-60 minutes, until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. Allow the cake to cool in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve in slices, with Greek yoghurt and soft fruits.