2 brioche loaves thick sliced bread
100g toasted flaked almonds
250g lemon curd
demarera sugar to sprinkle
4 egg yolks
200ml double cream
splash vanilla extract
1. Heat the milk and cream to scalding point.
2. Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla.
3. Pour on cream and beat well.
4. Put a layer of bread in a tray, then butter it and sprinkle with almonds, curd and sugar.
5. Repeat, then on the third layer just top with sugar.
6. Pour over the custard mix and leave for 20 minutes before cooking at 180C for approx 40 minutes.
7. Serve with ice cream.
If you make this or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org