Serves 4, makes 12
225g lean beef mince
Half a finely chopped onion
1 finely chopped red pepper
1 bay leaves
100g tomato puree
4 chopped tomatoes
1 tsp each of dried thyme, parsley, oregano
100g cottage cheese
150g grated parmesan
200g buffalo mozzarella
Salt and pepper
Approximately 1 x pack wonton wrappers
1. Brown the mince in the oil, then set aside.
2. Now gently fry the onion, peppers until soft (5 minutes).
3. Pop the mince back in together with the tomato puree and bay leaf and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Now add the tomatoes and herbs, bring to the boil, then simmer for at least 30 mins and season well. Allow to cool.
5. To assemble – grease a tray of muffin tin holes well.
6. Lie 3 won ton wrappers overlapping in the bottom of each hole, then mozzarella, then the meat mix, then the cottage cheese, repeat with one won ton wrapper, the mozzarella, the meat and cottage cheese to give six layers, finishing with cheese (both mozzarella and parmesan)
7. Cook at 180°C for about 20 minutes.
8. Serve with mini slices of garlic bread and balsamic dressed cherry toms or serve cold for picnics.