150g butter, cubed
tbs white wine vinegar
2-3 tbsp cold water
tsp sea salt
2 onions, diced
clove sliced garlic
275g grated Mrs Kirkham’s tasty Lancashire cheese (mature)
400g sliced spuds – cooked until soft
1. For the pastry – rub the flour and butter together, add salt.
2. Now add the vinegar and water and make a dough.
3. Wrap and chill 20 minutes.
4. For the filling – put the onion, butter, garlic and water in a pan. Simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
5. Take off the lid and cook on a low heat until most of the liquid has evaporated. Season well and cool completely.
6. Mix with the spuds, cheese and cream. Season well.
7. Divide pastry into 2/3 and 1/3.
8. Roll out 2/3 to line a deep 20cm pie dish.
9. Add the filling.
10. Roll out the other piece to make a lid.
11. Seal and brush with egg.
12. Bake at 180C for 45 minutes until golden brown.
13. Serve with a simple tomato and rocket salad.
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org - and make sure we can see your lovely face!