600g chicken breast fillets
50ml shaoxing wine
50ml veg oil
40ml nut oil
10 dried red chillies
5cm ginger, cut into matchsticks
50g soft brown sugar
50ml light soy
50ml Chinese black vinegar
250g cooked rice
Ingredients for the pickle
100ml rice vinegar
1 sliced red chili
6 pieces celery, sliced on an angle
1. Combine the chicken, wine and cornflour, cover and chill 1 hour.
2. Put half the oil and all the chillies in a wok on a med heat. Cook for 3 mins, then remove the chillies.
3. Turn up the heat and stir fry half the chicken for 3 mins, remove and keep warm. Add the rest of the oil, then stir fry the remaining chicken.
4. Now add the first batch of chicken, the chillies, ginger and all other ingredients, stir fry 1 min or so to melt the sugar.
5. To pickle, boil the sugar, water, vinegar for 5 minutes, then leave to cool.
6. Add the chilli and celery, leave overnight.
7. Serve in a small bowl and sprinkle on some cooked rice and top with pickle.
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to email@example.com - and make sure we can see your lovely face!