125ml chicken stock
125ml soy sauce
120g gochujang paste
250ml clear lemonade, like 7 up or sprite
30ml sesame oil
30ml veg oil
25mm piece ginger cut into matchsticks
6 cloves crushed garlic
2 red chillies, chopped
1 tsp black pepper, cracked
600g skin on, deboned chicken thighs
175g grated mozzarella
chopped spring onions and sesame seeds
Serve with flat bread
1. Whisk the stock, honey, soy, gochujang paste , lemonade and sesame oil together
2. Heat the veg oil in a wok. Stir fry the ginger, garlic, chilli, black pepper for 3 minutes
3. Add the wet ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce by about half to thicken (takes about 8 minutes). Cool
4. Add the chicken. Cover and chill overnight
5. Shake off excess marinade and grill on high heat on a rack for about 12 minutes total.
6. Turn only once so you get really good charring on the skin.
7. Transfer to an ovenproof dish. Top with cheese and return to the grill and cook until the cheese melts.
8. Garnish and serve with flatbread.