2 cloves sliced garlic
100ml white wine
500ml fish stock
juice and zest of 1 lemon
400g chopped (biggish pieces) green pepper
1 green chilli, sliced
half white onion, very thinly sliced
8 x 125g hake fillets
approximately 20 clams
garnish with chilli sauce, parsley and serve with buttered spuds
1. Fry the garlic in a little oil until just beginning to brown.
2. Add the flour, cook for 1 minute.
3. Gradually add the wine to make a thick roux.
4. Add the stock and lemon.
5. Put the peppers and onion in a baking dish, pour on the sauce.
6. Now add the clams and hake (skin side up).
7. Cover and cook 7 minutes.
8. Finish under a very hot grill.
9. Garnish and serve with spuds and a little hot sauce.
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to email@example.com - and make sure we can see your lovely face!