½ tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 large red onion, finely diced
2 green peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
1 fennel bulb, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
2 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves picked and chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1 small courgette, grated
pinch of cayenne pepper
100ml veggie stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
100g feta cheese
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
rye or sourdough bread, to serve
olives, to serve
1. Toast the cumin seeds in a large saucepan over a medium heat for 1
minute until they become fragrant, shaking the pan to prevent them
2. Add the oil and onion, and sauté for 5 minutes until golden.
3. Put the green peppers, fennel, bay leaf, thyme, parsley and half the coriander
into the pan, and continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Then add the
courgette, cayenne and stock.
4. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper as necessary.
5. Place two fresh saucepans over a medium heat and divide the veggie
mixture between them. Break two eggs into each pan, fitting them into
gaps in the mixture.
6. Sprinkle the eggs with a little salt, cover and cook very
gently for 6–7 minutes, until the egg whites are cooked through but the
yolks are still runny.
7. Crumble over the feta and sprinkle on the remaining
chopped coriander, a pinch of salt and the toasted pine nuts.
8. Serve with rye bread and olives.
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to email@example.com