450g self raising flour
125g caster sugar
450g mixed fruit and peel
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp bicarb
Serve with a cup of tea
1. Sieve together the flour, sugar, baking powder, mixed spice and salt
2. Rub in the butter, then fold in the fruit
3. Mix the bicarb with the milk then gradually add it, and mix to form a sticky mix, but not wet. You may not need all the milk.
4. Line and grease a 2lb loaf tin, scoop in the mix and cook at 150°c for 2 hours
5. Cool…a little…then get stuck in!
If you make this, or any other recipe form the show, send us a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org