225g plain flour
egg to glaze
300g sliced chestnut mushrooms
3 cloves garlic
zest 1 lemon
200ml crème fraiche
a little grated nutmeg and s&p
serve with green salad leaves
1. To make the pastry rub the butter with the flour til it ressembles bread crumbs.
2. Gradually add enough water to form a soft dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Tart case – roll out the pastry to fit a deep 20cm tin, then prick and bake blind at 180c for 20 minutes. Remove the parchment, beads etc and brush with egg wash, then cook 5 minutes more
3. Filling – fry mushrooms and garlic in butter 4 mins, add lemon zest and spinach, take off heat, drain and cool.
5. Scatter over the pastry base.
6. Then beat the eggs, crème fraiche and seasoning together and pour over
7. Bake at 180C for about 30-40 minutes until set
8. Cool a little then serve a wedge with salads