4 x duck breasts
100ml sherry vinegar
zest 1 orange
10g brown sugar
75mm piece ginger, matchsticks
3 cloves sliced garlic
150g dried cherries
4 fresh plums, sliced
For the spuds:
1kg maris piper spuds
125g duck fat
For the Spuds:
1. Peel the spuds, cut into approx 50mm pieces.
2. Put the spuds in a pan, add enough water to just cover, bring to boil.
3. As they boil, turn down the heat a touch, cook for 2 minutes.
4. Drain into a colander, then put back in the pan.
5. Shake them round and then add the flour.
6. Heat the duck fat in a roasting tray in the oven (220c) until smoking hot, spoon the spuds into the hot fat in a single layer.
7. Roast them for about 40mins, turning after 15 minutes and again at 30.
8. Serve with sea salt and rosemary sprinkled on top.
For the Duck:
9. Blend the sherry, vinegar, zest, honey and sugar.
10. Put the duck skin side down in a cold pan. Turn on, cook 8 minutes
11. Flip over and cook 2 minutes.
12. Add the ginger and garlic, then the blended ingredients and the fruit.
13. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
14. Serve with the spuds and green veg.