250g shredded duck meat (confit duck ideally) and some of the fat
200g rice noodles (thin)
10g soft dark brown sugar
30mm piece ginger, julienned
2 sliced spring onions
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 chilli, cut into strips
15g madras curry powder
225g Brussels, very thinly sliced (mandolin is best)
2 beaten eggs
15ml black rice vinegar
coriander and roasted cashews to serve
1. Pour boiling water on noodles for 45 seconds and drain, or cook according to packet instructions.
2. Combine the soy, mirin, sugar, noodles. Mix well.
3. Heat a wok to smoking, add a little oil, then add the ginger, garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time
4. Add chilli, brussels sprouts and curry, cook for 1 minute, remove.
5. Heat a little more oil, then add the duck meat and cook for 2 minutes, then add brussels sprouts mix and noodles
6. Add beaten egg, cook for 1 minute to scramble
7. Finish with vinegar and garnish
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org