225g salmon fillet
75g smoked salmon, chopped
tsp chopped chives
30g crème fraiche
80ml white wine
tsp chopped dill
juice half lemon
tbsp extra virgin olive oil
tbsp capers, chopped
225g buckwheat or wholemeal flour
225g plain flour
45g fresh yeast
700ml warm milk
15g melted butter
oil for frying
1. Melt the butter with the wine, add the salmon, so its covered and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Cool and chill completely.
3. Now break into small pieces and combine with everything else, chill again.
4. To make the Blinis – sift the flours and salt into a bowl.
5. Make a well in the centre and add 2 whole eggs.
6. Mix the yeast, sugar and milk, leave for . couple of mins. Pour this slowly into the flour mix and whisk to make a smooth batter. Add the butter.
7. Leave the mix, covered somewhere warm for an hour.
8. Finally, whisk the egg white and fold into the mix before cooking.
9. To cook - heat some oil in a frying pan. Pour enough batter into the pan to make a 100mm blini. When the batter bubbles up, flip it over and cook the other side.
10. Serve with a quenelle of rillettes and extra pickled, sliced gherkin.
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org - and make sure we can see your lovely face!