1 teaspoon vanilla extract
210g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
90ml whole milk
90ml tablespoons butter, melted
For the topping
100g flaked coconut
200g soft dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons whole milk
For the raspberry coulis
4 passion fruit
75g caster sugar
Serve with coconut ice cream and coulis.
1. Preheat the oven to 375°f/ 190°c
2. Butter and flour 23cm springform pan
3. In a small saucepan, heat the milk with the butter and heat over low until the butter melts, then remove from the heat and leave to cool
4. Using a hand mixer, whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla essence on high speed for 4-5 minutes, until the mixture doubles in size. Fold in flour and baking powder and whisk to incorporate them. Pour milk/butter mixture into the cake batter, folding it in until incorporated. Pour the mix into the prepared springform tin and place on a baking tray
5. Bake for 35–40 mins or until almost done
6. While the cake is baking, make your topping
7. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, add milk and brown sugar until you have a rich caramel sauce. Add the coconut and mix it well.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and carefully spread the topping all over the cake.
9. Increase the heat to 400°f/ 200°c. Return the cake to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the topping is bubbling and the coconut begins to toast on top.
10. Remove from oven and allow to cool before eating.
11. To make the coulis, place the raspberries in a processor with the juice and seeds from the passion fruit and the caster sugar. Whizz until smooth then pass through a fine sieve. Chilli before serving
12. Served the cake with coconut ice cream and coulis
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org