This recipe was provided by our guest chef Paul Ainsworth.
12 mini brioche hot dog buns
2 fillets of pollock from a 2.5kg fish
1 bunch of fresh dill
250g of fresh parmesan
500g Panko bread crumbs
4 egg whites
Vegetable oil for fryer
Dried seaweed powder for seasoning (optional)
1 bay leaf
Pinch of white pepper corns
1. To make the brine, dissolve the salt and sugar into the water on a low heat and cool. Add the bay leaf, thyme, and peppercorns.
2. Skin the pollock and place in the brine for 1 hour.
3. After 1 hour, take out the pollock, rinse under cold water, then dry with a cloth.
4. Cut the pollock into goujons.
5. Lightly whisk the egg whites, then dip the pollock goujons into the egg whites and coat in Panko bread crumbs.
50g Egg yolks
20g Dijon mustard
40g Frenchie’s American mustard
10g white wine vinegar
500ml rapeseed oil
2 pinches of salt
40g lemon juice
1. Add the egg yolks, Dijon mustard, Frenchie’s America mustard and white wine vinegar to a Magimix and blitz. When blended, start slowly adding the rapeseed oil until thick.
2. Finish the mayonnaise by mixing in the salt and lemon juice. Transfer to squeezy bottle.
100ml white wine vinegar
100g caster sugar
50ml extra virgin olive oil
100g Mustard seeds
Fine salt to taste
1. Bring all the ingredients to the boil, check seasoning and cool.
2. Top, tail and cut the cucumber in half. Slice the cucumber on a Japanese mandolin into 2mm thin strips. Discard any strips with seeds, then trim the strips so they are one inch long.
3. Leave to marinade in the cold cucumber pickle for up to 10 minutes so they take on the light pickled flavour. Remove from the pickle and use within 10 minutes or they will lose their colour.
1. Warm the hot dog brioche buns in the oven and brush with the yeast extract butter.
2. Deep fry pollock goujons in the vegetable oil until crisp, drain well and season.
3. Place the crisp pollock goujons in the warmed brioche buns.
4. Top with the mustard mayonnaise.
5. Top with the pickled cucumber strips.
6. Finish with chopped dill, grated parmesan, and sprinkle with dried seaweed powder.