225g gram flour
15g ground cumin
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp garam masla
1 tsp turmeric
approx. 300ml water
oil to deep fry
Bunch kale, stem removed cut into approx. 50-60mm pieces
For the dip
4 cloves garlic, roasted until soft
175ml fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp chilli flakes
water to thin
1. Mix the dry ingredients, then add the water until a smooth batter about the consistency of double cream that’s been lightly whipped.
2. Dip in the kale, shake off excess, then deep fry for 3-4 minutes, drain and season.
3. Dip – Beat everything together.
4. Press through a fine sieve, throw away the pulp.
5. Add the tahini, chilli and then add water to form a thick but dip-able sauce.