250g dried linguine
100ml extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves
1 tsp dried chili flakes
50ml white wine
2 handfuls of samphire
1 handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
200g of brown crab meat
200/300g of white crab meat
1 knob butter
sea salt and pepper
1. Place a large saucepan of water on to boil and add salt. When boiling rapidly add the linguine and press down till the water covers it. Cook according to packet instructions, but DO NOT overcook, you want it still with a bite.
2. Then take a large, deep frying pan on the heat and add the oil, bringing to a medium heat.
3. Finely chop the garlic and add to the oil along with the chilli flakes. Cook on a gentle heat for about 5 minutes, you want it cooked and translucent, not at all burnt.
4. Then add the white wine, butter, lemon juice and samphire, cook for a few more mins, then add the brown crabmeat and stir well.
5. Season with salt and pepper and then add the pasta, along with a little of the cooking water. Mix well, whilst still on the heat, add the white crab and parsley.
6. Check the seasoning again, add a splash of oil and serve!
If you make this, or any other recipe from the show, send us a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org