This recipe was provided by our guest chef Harry lomas
Prep 10 min
Cook 15 min
500 gm cooked diced brisket; salt beef ends are good. (if not use tinned corned beef)
250 gm cooked diced potato (parmentier size)
Bunch of spring onions cut on the bias
50ml splash of oil
90gm nob of butter
100 gm cooked frozen peas
2 tbsp grain mustard to taste
2 tbsp of Tabasco
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce to taste
Salt and black pepper to taste
4 eggs poached then hold in cold water ready to refresh
Chilli flakes to serve (optional)
1. Melt the butter in a large with a splash of Oil in ovenproof frying pan set over a medium heat, then fry the onion, stirring frequently, until cooked.
2. Turn up the heat add the potatoes and sauté until some colour
3. Add the brisket or corned beef gently stir then add the cooked peas
4. Add the Chilli flakes, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce, and then turn up the heat and cook, giving it an occasional stir, for five minutes, until the hash has heated right through. Taste and adjust the seasoning adding salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce, as necessary.
5. Crisp the top put the pan under the hot grill for about five minutes, until the top is crisp and golden.
6. serve with a poached egg on top and a sprinkle with dry chili flakes