200ml strong coffee (espresso)
200ml pressed apple juice
1 tsp vanilla
180g 70% cocoa solid chocolate
To serve -
Whipped cream (put in a piping bag with star nozzle)
Cherries soaked in booze (from a jar)
1. Granite – combine the coffee and apple. Put in a tray and freeze. Every now and again break up the mix. It should be ‘fluffy”
2. Mousse – bring the milk and vanilla to scalding point.
3. Whisk the egg, sugar and flour in a bowl. Pour on the milk, whisk well
4. Put back in the pan. Bring to the boil, then simmer for approx. 5mins until thick, stirring constantly. Add the choc, take off heat and stir til melted.
5. Spoon into 4 bowls/glasses. Chill
6. Serve topped with granite and then cream and cherries